The DGS General Purpose Single Shaft Shredder has a 387mm diameter profiled rotor made of solid steel, operating at a speed of 1480rpm. The concave ground, aggressive 4-way rotating knives are mounted in the grooves of the profiled rotor with special knife holders. This enables a reduction of the cutting gap between the counter knives and the rotor which guarantees a high flow rate, low power consumption and maximum output of shredded material.
The hydraulically operated ram feeds the material automatically in the rotor’s cutting chamber by load-related controls. The hydraulic system is equipped with high-pressure valves and volumetric flow controls which can be set according to the requirements of the input material.
Extremely robust pedestal bearing housings are mounted outside the machine and separate to the cutting chamber to prevent dust and dirt penetrating into the oversized bearings. This ensures a long service life and minimum service and maintenance.
Power is transmitted from the motor by a drive belt via an oversized gearbox which is located on the shaft end on one end of the rotor.
A safety switch prevents machine startup when the front panel is open and the machine features emergency stop buttons on the machine body and control panel.
All Rawmec’s machines are taken through a 10 point safety inspection. All safety systems are replaced if missing. So safety switch prevents machine startup when the front panel is open and the machine features emergency stop buttons on the machine body and control panel.
- Large diameter flat rotor
- Machined pocket knife holders
- Optional hard facing – Concave ground square knives
- Robust ram construction
- Heavy duty guide bearings
- Universal couplings
- Low speed, high torque geared drive
- Reduced footprint (compared to horizontal pusher designs)
- Powerful hydraulic swing type ram
- Bolt in drive shafts
- Oil cooling on ram and gearbox
- Two speed hydraulic system
- Multiple rotor designs
- Ram comb plate
- Amp meter control
- Hydraulic screen cradle
- Gearbox with shrink disc
- Rotor cooling
- Pipe spacer
- Touch screen PLC Hopper mounted viewing mirror
- Increased motor drive
- Hydraulic drive
- Shredding chamber (mm) – 840 x 1340
- Rotor Diameter (mm) – 387
- Rotor Speed (rpm) – 1480
- Blades (no.) – 60
- Stator – 6
- Power (kW) – 55
- ALTERNATIVE FUELS (RDF/SRF)
- DOMESTIC & COMMERCIAL WASTE